Terms and Conditions
Retro Reflectives Terms and Conditions
1.Any reference to Company/Seller shall mean
Lower Ground Floor
145-157 St John Street
who sell or supply protection equipment, clothing and accessories in the course of their trade or business.
2. Buyer/Purchaser shall mean any person, sole trader, partnership, business, body corporate or other entity detailed in the appropriate section of the sales invoice/order form and shall include all successors, heirs and assigns. Where a person deals entirely as a consumer, legal rights shall remain unaffected. Where the term buyer appears within these terms it shall mean consumer buyer/purchaser unless specified as relating to a trade buyer or consumer buyer individually.
3. Goods or equipment shall mean the items detailed in the appropriate section of the sales/order form and it shall be a core term of this agreement that all ancillary items are additional to this agreement unless specifically detailed within the sales invoice/order form.
4. Price shall mean the consideration due for purchase and shall include VAT unless otherwise stated.
5. The company reserves the right to amend technical or clerical errors in any order without notice. In addition, the buyer shall ensure that all details contained within the order are correct and no liability for any error or inaccuracy shall lie with the company.
6. Retro Reflectives products are unconditionally guaranteed for 90 days from purchase date against manufacturing and material faults and defects, but only in situations where the product has been used in conformity with its intended use, stored correctly and maintained correctly.
Reflective vests have a life of 25 washes maximum.
In the case of product defect, the buyer agrees to send details with proof of date of purchase (copies are acceptable) together with the garment direct to Retro Reflectives/ Returns, 56 Greenham Road, London N10 1LP United Kingdom within the warranty period for assessment and replacement. They should notify us first at firstname.lastname@example.org and keep proof of postage.
Defective products shall be replaced like for like, or with an item of the same value. Requests for refunds are not admissible. Replacements are offered postage free within the UK. Other territories may incur a postage charge for replacement, at the discretion of the company.
Limitations Upon Liability
7. Advice given by agents or servants of this company during telephone/Internet orders is based entirely upon information given by the purchaser. Where advice is given by agents or servants of this company, such advice shall amount to an opinion only and the company shall not accept liability for any inaccuracies. Additionally, goods supplied are supplied only to correspond to the purpose for which goods of that kind are commonly supplied and not alternative uses to which they may be put.
No liability for failure can be accepted by this company for such alternative use, amendment or modification.
8. Compatibility of goods is not guaranteed where modifications or alterations have been made and the company shall, in such circumstances, and at its discretion, issue a refund or credit to the purchaser.
9. Where goods purchased by the buyer are alleged to be defective, the purchaser agrees to return such goods to the seller within the warranty period for inspection and report (without the seller replacing the said goods prior to such inspection). The purchaser further confirms that it shall be reasonable for the seller to inspect, repair or replace (at its option) such defective goods and allow manufacturers to undertake inspections so as to allow production methods to be modified. Parts modified or adapted by the purchaser shall no longer be warranted by the manufacturer nor shall the company be liable for any failures resulting subsequent to modification.
10. Where modifications or improper usage or alterations and poor maintenance to goods have been made the company shall accept no liability for death or personal injury unless caused directly by its own negligence.
11. No liability is accepted by the company where purchasers attempt to modify or install components supplied where it is known or ought reasonably to be known that the part supplied is incorrectly supplied, defective or otherwise not in accordance with the order.
11a LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Except as provided above, Retro Reflectives shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damage, whether direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential, (including, without limitation, lost profits, goodwill and business opportunity) arising out of the sale, use or misuse of the product, or the user’s inability to use the product.
12. The company accepts no liability in respect of failure to supply or other interruptions caused by matters beyond the reasonable control of the company, including strikes, lockouts, civil disputes, acts of God, war or actions by third parties.
13. Notwithstanding any other provisions of this Agreement, nothing in this Agreement shall confer, nor is it intended to confer, a benefit on any third party (for the purposes of the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or for any other purpose).
14. All times given for despatch are on a best effort basis and while stock is available.
15. Shipping is via Royal Mail or Parcelforce and proof of shipping will be provided on request.
16. The shipment is tracked to the destination in the UK and to other countries at our discretion.
17. Retro Reflectives does not guarantee delivery as it has no control over any foreign postal services. Retro Reflectives Ltd cannot be held liable for a failed delivery from a foreign postal service. The Company can replace missing shipments at it's own discretion.
18. Retro Reflectives cannot be held responsible for customs charges applied to the goods subsequent to their arrival in any destination country that may apply customs charges to the shipment.
Cancellation of Orders
19. A consumer buyer shall not have the right to cancel any order once payment has been received.
20. This agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with English Law and industry custom and practice, and English courts shall have sole jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising there from. In respect of Internet sales, jurisdiction or the agreement shall be with English Law and it shall be deemed that any agreement is made in the UK irrespective of any rule of contract dictating otherwise.